[Bridge] heterogenous bridging

Tejas Kokje kokje at linuxmail.org
Mon Jul 26 15:59:48 PDT 2004

Hello,

I understand that bridge can make two ethernet interfaces appear as one logical interface.

Now how does Linux Kernel does bridging between two different types of interfaces (Eg. 802.3 & 802.11).

I am working on Linksys WRT54GS wireless router which runs Linux and have only one interface (br0) for both ethernet and wireless interface. All the packets I get on br0 have Ethernet (802.3) header.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Regards,

Tejas Kokje
Graduate Student (Computer Science)