[Bridge] i need some help with compiling bridge module

Software-team software-team at wp.pl
Mon Mar 1 08:31:32 PST 2004

I am trying to improve bridge module towards 802.1w (RSTP) but I am new to kernel and modules programming. I dont want to compile the whole modules every time I make some changes. Could you give me some clues how to set up environment to compile only selected module (bridge 802.1d) for a given kernel version, written in Makefile like:
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 4
SUBLEVEL = 20
EXTRAVERSION =-8 etc.
How to make a Makefile so the bridge module could be compiled separately for that kernel (or another)?
Thanks for any specyfic help.
Software Team