[Bridge] Permanent after reboot

Greg Morgan drkludge at cox.net
Sun Mar 14 19:45:56 PST 2004

Wesley GDS wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I was just wondering if you could help me.  I have set up a bridge
> between my two eth cards, works fine.  The problem i have is that when i
> reboot my PC the bridge is lost.  Is there any way i can make this
> permanent.
>
> I am running slackware 9.1
There are a set of initialization files or init files in Linux.  You
will need to write a script.  All the steps that you used to create the
bridge by hand is what will be stored in this script.   The your script
will need to be called in runlevel 3 and runlevel 5.  This is how Linux
systems startup.  You may want to search on System V ( as in five )
startup files.  Each distro puts their startup file in a different
directory.  On Redhat systems it is in /etc/rc.d but I am not sure if
this is the same for Slackware.

I hope this helps,
Greg