[Bridge] bridge wlan-eth

Stephen Hemminger shemminger at osdl.org
Wed Mar 17 09:40:19 PST 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:13:58 +0100
Christoph Kaminski <mangel at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have some problems with an bridge between wlan0 and eth0 device...
>
> It works and I can from both sides ping the router with the bridge device but
> I cant ping the devices from other net so I cant ping wlan devs from eth net
> and other way around
>
> the wlan card is an atmel usbw11 from linksys and eth is a intel e100
> 10/100mbit nic
>
> I have configured the bridge according to the how to and dont see any errors
> in kern.log or somewhere else....
>
> What is wrong?
>
> PS: sorry for my english but I hope you can understand what I mean

More info in bridge FAQ
	http://bridge.sourceforge.net/faq.html

It doesn't work with my Wireless card!
This is a known problem, and it is not caused by the bridge code. Many wireless cards don't allow spoofing of the source address. It is a firmware restriction with some chipsets. You might find some information in the bridge mailing list archives to help.
Stephen Hemminger 		mailto:shemminger at osdl.org
Open Source Development Lab	http://developer.osdl.org/shemminger