[Bridge] Mirroring an interface to an other by using bridge ?

Bart De Schuymer bdschuym at pandora.be
Mon Mar 29 09:48:42 PST 2004

On Thursday 25 March 2004 18:06, Rein van Koten wrote:
> Hi,
> Anyway,
>
> I would appreciate your opinion on this or whether you know someone working
> along the same lines... I myself am not C savvy enough to rewrite the
> bridge module without additional input on this idea. And then again, maybe
> it already exists.

It should be simple, removing the following code from
br_input.c::br_handle_frame_finish() should probably be enough:
	dst = br_fdb_get(br, dest);
	if (dst != NULL && dst->is_local) {
		if (!passedup)
			br_pass_frame_up(br, skb);
		else
			kfree_skb(skb);
		br_fdb_put(dst);
		goto out;
	}

	if (dst != NULL) {
		br_forward(dst->dst, skb);
		br_fdb_put(dst);
		goto out;
	}

It would probably be interesting to have a bridge userspace tool option so
that the bridge acts like a hub, which is basically what you want.

cheers,
Bart