[Bridge] Limitation in virtual bridge number

Bart De Schuymer bdschuym at pandora.be
Mon Mar 29 10:23:56 PST 2004

On Saturday 27 March 2004 17:10, Fermín Galán wrote:
> I would like to know how can I create more
> than 32 virtual bridges (if possible).

The kernel actually creates any number of bridges. It turns out the userspace
code only handles 32 bridges. It turns out that the kernel code that is
executed for the show command only handles 64 bridges.

You can test this yourself by creating 33 bridges and then deleting a bridge
that wasn't the first one you created. When listing the bridges, the first
one you created will show up again.

The userspace tool and kernel code will need to be rewritten.

cheers,
Bart