[Bridge] problem with Honeynet Project's rc.firewall script

Lefti C lefti_99 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 17:33:33 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm new to the world of bridging and the mailing list but I am hopeful my
initial problems are fairly trivial.  I am running the Honeynet Project's
rc.firewall script at boot time (on my Sparc running Aurora) but the script
is having trouble establishing the bridge.

In my logs, I have found the following error:

tSIOCSIFADDR : No such device
eth1: unknown interface: No such device

Meanwhile my eth0 interface is successfully negotiated.
I am unsure as to why my second interface has not been initialised and I am
hoping you guys can help.

My second interface does have a link light on the hub, but I havent
configured anything since installing the NIC.  I just plugged it in and
tried to get going.
Do I need to configure the second NIC, or does Linux know that it is
there?!!

Many thanks,

Lefti