[Bridge] stp port state always remains forwarding ...

ashish anand ashish_ibm at rediffmail.com
Wed Apr 20 01:08:02 PDT 2005

if I just connect two similar port say both 10 gb of one switch to another =
symmetric bridge with stp enabled on both bridge  , stpstate of all four po=
rts always remain forwarding.
( may be because all four of them are either root or desginated port in abo=
ve setup)

should I except that one port atleast will get into blocking state , if i c=
onnect two non-similar ports together say a 10gb port on one switch to FE p=
ort on another switch as now path-cost to root will differ. ( as path-cost =
depending on link speed )=A0

Best Regards,
Ashish Anand