[BRIDGE]A basic question: what's the relationship of the Rx/Tx packets count between the bridge and its enslaved NIC.

Zoran s s_zoran at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 02:34:30 PDT 2005

Steven,

In addition to what Stephen wrote, you can perform
simple tests just assigning the IP address to bridge
interface br0 issuing command:

ifconfig br0 x.y.z.w up

where x.y.z.w is a unused subnet IP address (class C
x.y.z.0) you are bridging.

Then you can ping any member via the bridge and
observe br0, eth0 and eth1 stats, and also you can
ping br0 itself by using ping x.y.z.w command and see
stats as well.

Regards,
Zoran