[Bridge] eth0- can't enslave to br0, but eth0 is down and not part of a bridge!

wandering.womble at gmail.com wandering.womble at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 10:13:25 PST 2005

Ooops- sorry, kernel versions tried are 2.6.14 & 2.6.14-ck6- both with
the same results.
Both are clean installs (i.e. just got the code and compiled), both
using the same original .config (make oldconfig, then make menuconfig,
make .... etc)

Bridging is enabled as a module; the sis 900 (eth0) and tap drivers
are also modules.

I didn't notice any errors or other problems with the kernel compiles.

>From what you're saying, there's some special code #ifdef'd in
ethernet drivers if bridging is enabled- perhaps the sis900 driver has
some bugs with regard to handling this?  Any hints on what I should be
looking for?

Thanks in advance,

Julian