[Bridge] Re: tg3 bridge problems

Gergely Madarasz gorgo at broadband.hu
Tue Jan 11 00:52:16 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 02:36:46PM +1030, Paul Schulz wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> This may be the problem that I have seen (and reported) previously...
> http://oss.sgi.com/projects/netdev/archive/2004-02/msg00442.html
>
> One suggestion.. do a packet dump on an outgoing bridge port, and a
> dump from a transmitting machine connected to the bridge. Compare the
> MD5 checksums.

Thanks for the idea, but it doesn't seem to help. I've modified the patch
to apply to my chipset revision (and added a debugging printk to make sure
I've hit the right chipset :)), but nothing really changed. I didn't
expect it to either, because this is not a transmit problem, but a
promiscuous receive problem of the driver/card.

Greg