[Bridge] RE: [Xen-devel] nfsroot and brige (fwd)

Stephen Hemminger shemminger at osdl.org
Thu Jan 13 11:17:33 PST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:40:25 -0500 (EST)
Adam Sulmicki <adam at cfar.umd.edu> wrote:

> any comments?
>
> if nothing else, is there any way to atomically setup bridge?
>
> not on list, please cc.

It wouldn't be that hard to write a small command that does the ioctl's
you need to setup the bridge and ip addresses at one time.  To just
create a bridge, add interface and move the IP address would be relatively
easy.

Or just put brctl and ifconfig in a ram filesystem (like initrd).

--
Stephen Hemminger	<shemminger at osdl.org>