[Bridge] Need help: brctl and isis packets

CHOU Sovatha RD-CORE-ISS sovatha.chou at francetelecom.com
Fri Mar 11 03:03:22 PST 2005

Hello all,

First thanks to all for helping me. I have an issue to bring up bridging
isis packets using BRCTL.
As i am quite a newbie, maybe this is not possible or maybe I forget to
load modules so that the bridging I am trying to put in place work
properly.

Here is the configuration I used:

	I1 ------ eth1 (physical interface of my linux machine)
----------- BRIDGE ----------- n1-eth0 (tuntap interface) ---- I2

Where I1 and I2 are two ISIS processes.

On both eth1 and n1-eth0, there are ISIS packets send by I1 and I2
processes.
With an analyzer (ethereal), I can see ISIS packets sent by ISIS process
(I1) on eth1 but no ISIS packet from I2 (and vice versa).

However, if I make a capture on the BRIDGE, I have ISIS packets from
both ISIS processes (I1 and I2).

Bridge configuration:
	-bridge-utils-1.0.4
	-linux kernel: 2.6