[Bridge] device eth0 is already a member of a bridge; can'tenslave it to bridge Net6

Stephen Hemminger shemminger at osdl.org
Mon Oct 31 10:51:20 PST 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:43:01 +0100
"Tim Keupen" <timbub at uni-koblenz.de> wrote:

> > Have you looked at umlsim
> no, problem has to be solved with vnuml
>
>    >> Is this a bug or a feature? Why is it not allowed to bind an Interface
> to two different bridges?
>    >> Is there a workaround for this issue?
> > There was no good reason to allow it, I guess. Also, I would worry about
> > races on deleting
> > a bridge and the RCU issues.
> But what should be a reasen not to allow it?

Because it the input path hook how bridge's get data would
cause increased stack depth (if it even worked).

> What du you mean with races and RCU issues?
Look at how interfaces are removed from bridges, and the
code that notifies a bridge about interface changes. It would
probably break as well.

--
Stephen Hemminger <shemminger at osdl.org>
OSDL http://developer.osdl.org/~shemminger