[Bridge] RE: Rapid Spanning Tree support

Miller Seth-G19426 seth.miller at motorola.com
Thu Apr 6 12:12:13 PDT 2006

Stephen,

This sounds like the right approach. I'm still not sure what you
are proposing in terms of where the RSTP code should come from.
would you expect we should be able to pull the code out of the
existing bridge module?

Thanks

Seth

I was going to leave existing STP in kernel for now, but not enable it.
For 2.6.17, I made sure that  STP packets are received so application
can receive them (via LLC).

The next part would be adding a netlink interface to bridge module
to report and modify:
	* interface added/deleted from bridge
	* interface status change (carrier up/down)
	* interface forwarding enable/disable
	* forwarding table flush by interface.