[Bridge] Monitor the status of two ethernet interface

Jie Chen cj70286 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 13:26:18 PST 2006

Hi everybody,

Just have myself added into the maillist. I have a few linux boxes with
Kernel 2.6.9. Each box has 2 ethernet interfaces, one 3COM, one Intel. I
connected one with Power Line Modem, and one with Wifi Modem. They form a
nice network with bridge. I have a few questions here.

Suppose I have two path from box A to box D, which path will packets go
through? If I want to monitor the condition (throughput) of each interface,
and pick the better one, how do I do it? If I want to use both interfaces to
transfer data, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance for your answers,
cj