[Bridge] bridge+filter+failover+rules&state sync+traffic shaping

Tristan DEFERT tristan.d at alphamosa.fr
Sat Jul 8 04:25:13 PDT 2006

I suggest that anyone interested in building a failover filtering bridge
with rules and connection state synching / QoS+TC to join me about
building this project: if we are enough with good skills we can do great
job.

What we have:
* STP protocol is already implemented
* Traffic shaping and QoS with iptables + cbq (or another traffic
shaper) should be fine in this context (needs to be tested)

What we need:
* an elegant way of synching rules and conntrack
* testers and volunteers !
* documentation

What should be nice:
* load balancing

Any idea or contributor welcome!

Feel free to contact me, and list me your resources & skills !