[Bridge] Error in Bridge Settings!!

Etienne Pretorius etiennep at kingsley.co.za
Wed Jun 28 23:35:03 PDT 2006

Let me first explain that I have the same problem in my Ethernet bridge =

setup.

What I have determined, that there is a loop in my network but STP is =

preventing a packet broacast storm. I have switches instead of hubs but =

my primary bridge is broadcasting packets somehow, because when I unplug =

the primary's Ethernet from our internal network then those messages =

stop appearing. I am in the process of re-setting up that bridge so that =

*hopefully* I wont be seeing this message in future. I wander if it =

might be the HUBs you using.... they might be broadcasting any packet to =

all ports and so your bridge will receive its own packets back to it? =

Like I said - I have the same problem, but the setup still works and I =

am trying to remove loops in my network to see if that *really* is the =

cause to the error message.

Kind Regards
Etienne