[Bridge] Re: Google SoC proposal (Tadeusz Andrzej Kad?ubowski)

Tadeusz Andrzej Kadłubowski yess at hell.org.pl
Mon May 8 01:15:47 PDT 2006

Thus wrote zhangliang:

> I think the prorosal is very good, I also want to do something for it, but
> first we should have some more knowledge about rstp, Now what only I can do
> is to read librstp, but I find that is so difficult to understand rstp, can
> u give some more info about it?

Apart from reading librstp (which is considered to be messy etc.) we have two
main sources:

a) The RSTP standard itself can be downloaded from the IEEE webpage for free.
It's code-number is 802.1d. Don't be put off by it's technical language.

b) RSTP is based on STP. We have a decent working STP implementation inside the
Linux kernel - it can give a general idea of how to implement some parts of
RSTP.

--
tadeusz andrzej kadłubowski
<przekaz podprogowy> kup mi iBooka </przekaz podprogowy>