[Bridge] setportprio problem with bridge-utils 1.0.6

Stephen Hemminger shemminger at osdl.org
Tue May 30 16:21:06 PDT 2006

On Tue, 30 May 2006 23:46:25 +0200
Samuel Díaz García <samueldg at arcoscom.com> wrote:

> I'm having a problem with brctl when I want to set prio in a bridge port.
>
> When I execute:
>
> brctl setbridgeprio br0 eth1 10
>
> (for example)

All it ends up doing is writing a 10 to /sys/class/net/br0/bridge/port_cost

The problem (or feature) is that the bridge will autodetect
the port cost based on the link speed when the bridge or port
is started up. So you need to change the port cost after the
bridge is already running to cause any effect.