[Bridge] Passing vlan tagged packets through linux bridge

kasra kangavari kasra_kng at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 24 23:44:39 PST 2006

Hi
 =

 I have some problem with passing vlan tagged packets through linux bridge.
 In the linux box eth0 , eth1  are add to br0 and the bridge is up and work=
ing correctly. =

 I 've connected eth0 to trunk port of switch A and eth1 to trunk port of s=
witch B.
 port 1,2,3 of each switch are in vlan 1. I've 2 client in the same subnet =
, client A connected to port 1 of switch A and client B connected to port 1=
 of switch . the problem is when I ping client A from clinet B or viceversa=
 ,I can't ping with more than 1470bytes packet size!
 ping will work fine by 1470byte packet size but ping with more than 1470by=
tes packet size will fail.
 any idea??
 =

 KasrA
 =

 =

Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and =
get things done faster.