[Bridge] Packet per Second

Flávio Pires flavio.defreitas at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:30:27 PST 2007

In article <20071214085602.11a09070 at deepthought> Stephen
Hemminger<shemminger at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>  On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:34:10 +0000 (UTC)
>  Fl‡vio Pires <flavio.defreitas at gmail.com> wrote:
>>   Hi all,
>>
>>   It's my first time using usenet...
>>
>>   Well, I work on an ISP and we have a linux box acting as a
>> bridge+firewall. With this bridge+firewall we control the packet
>> rate per second from each client and from our repeaters. But I can`t
>> measure the packet rate per IP. Is there any tool for this?
>>
>>   Actually, what I want is to measure the packet rate per IP and
>> generate graphics with mrtg or rrdtool, but for this I must have the
>> number of packets per second of each client :)
>>
>>   Thank you all
>>   --
>>   Fl‡vio
>>

>  Not that I know of, but you might look at:
>  http://www.bandwidtharbitrator.com/

Yeah, we have a proprietary solution from etinc it does bandwidth
control and firewall... but using his firewall let this machine too
slow, so we created a box just for firewall... Then we need a way to
measure pps per host so we can determine which limits fits better to
our clients and our own needs.

--

I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo