[Bridge] Bridge not working for 2.4.21 kernel

Suraj_Budha Suraj_Buddha at satyam.com
Mon Feb 5 22:53:10 PST 2007

Hello All,

Hope someone will address my problem.
I configured my Linux box (2.4.21 kernel) with the
ebtables-brnf-10_vs_2.4.21 patch.
I had installed the bridge-utils package also.
As soon as the I type the following commands, it hangs
#ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0
#ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0
#brctl addbr br0
#brctl addif br0 eth0
#brctl addif br0 eth1
#ifconfig br0 up

The following scenario explains my setup:

Thank in advance.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Suraj