[Bridge] Preventing packet reassembly

Leigh Sharpe lsharpe at pacificwireless.com.au
Mon Apr 28 00:28:16 PDT 2008

> Are you using hardware that does Large Receive Offload (LRO)? Most

As far as I can tell, no. I'm using standard e1000 cards, which I
believe don't do LRO. Ethtool -S eth1 doesn't show any counters related
to LRO.

> hardware doesn't. The other possible problem would be
ebtables/iptables
> rules.

Hmm. This may be the problem.

I have iptables rules on the management interface of the box, but not on
any of the ports which participate in bridging.
By removing iptables from my bootup, I get a properly functioning
bridge.

Why would iptables rules on one interface affect traffic bridged on
other interfaces? I'm presuming it's some kind of interaction with the
ip_conntrack module? Any way to stop it from loading?

Cheers,
Leigh.