[Bridge] Bridge with DHCP IP address

Srinivas M.A. srinivas.aji at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 10:22:50 PST 2008

Setting up eth0 as a bridge port and also having an IP address on it
is confusing. Better perhaps to run dhclient on the bridge interface
itself.

For filtering packets as you indicate, it should be possible to do
that using ebtables. I don't know details about it though.
With this filtering, you can probably filter the outgoing DHCP
requests from br0 to go out only on eth0 and not through eth1. (They
will be broadcast, so they will get sent out of both ports normally.)