[Bridge] Please help me to know MAX Forwarding Table Size in Linux Bridge

Ritesh Majumdar ritesh at proxim.com
Wed May 28 23:00:40 PDT 2008

Hello,

Thanks for putting such a nice document in net on Linux bridge. actually
I am working on integrating Linux bridge module with embedded OS which
is running Linux. It is very important for me to know maximum number of
MAC addresses Linux bridge can hold (I am using kernel 2.6.20).my
requirement is about 10000 MAC addresses learning capacity in forwarding
table.

Is it possible for kernel to learn 10000 MAC addresses ...??

Hope someone will help me out with this, after looking through web over
two days I couldn't find any solution yet.

Many Thanks,
Ritesh.