[Bridge] Bridging PPPoE Sessions together

Bow-Nan Cheng bownan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 12:46:47 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have a PPPoE server running on a linux box that accepts multiple PPPoE
sessions from clients. I'd like to bridge each of the sessions together so
that it looks like just one interface. Below is a diagram:

     br0

-------------------------------
|           |          |            |
ppp0  ppp1   eth3  ppp3

I've read that anything can be bridge as long as MTU is the same. Since
PPPoE has ethernet headers, i'm assuming that each of the devices ppp0,
ppp1, ppp3 have those as well. Is bridging them together as simple as:

brctl addbr br0
brctl addif ppp0
brctl addif ppp1
brctl addif eth3