[Bridge] Best strategy for forward all packets (simulate promiscuous mode)

Sebastien Douche sdouche at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 04:17:01 PDT 2008

Hi there :)
I would like to submit a use case we are here: our company make
network probes with 1 administravia interface and the rest in
promiscuous mode to listen traffic. I've made virtualized server with
Qemu. All Qemu instances (with 2 tap) listen on:

br0 (admin int)
br1 (receive traffic)

The need is each tap on br1 must listen *all* traffic (unicast,
multicast...). For this, I sets maximum message age to 0. Do you think
is the best approach? I surprised I didn't find the same parameter on
FreeBSD, so my solution is good?

Thanks for your idea :)

--
Seb