[Bridge] Out of memory problem

Tekale Sharad-FHJN78 FHJN78 at motorola.com
Tue Apr 14 08:14:30 PDT 2009

>If the driver was open source and in one of the standard distributions,
it could be reviewed. But since you are on an
>older kernel with a non-standard driver there really isn't a lot of
interest on my part to help. Sorry.

That's fine and thanks for guiding till now.

But, Please look at this case once:
Now each of ports are attached to there own bridge instead of one, and
when I route traffic from one host to other, We will never face this
problem.

root at none:/$ brctl addbr br-lan1
root at none:/$ brctl addif br-lan1 eth0.0
root at none:/$ brctl stp br-lan1 on

root at none:/$ brctl addbr br-lan2
root at none:/$ brctl addif br-lan2 eth0.1
root at none:/$ brctl stp br-lan2 on

root at none:/$ brctl show
br-lan1         8000.001570d8d8fd       yes             eth0.0
br-lan2         8000.001570d8d8fd       yes             eth0.1

In this case, even if I send huge traffic the throughput is decreased
but device is not going out of memory.

Hence I feel there is some leak in bridge instead of driver

root at OpenWrt:/$ brctl --version
bridge-utils, 1.0.6.

If possible, please check this.

Thanks,