[Bridge] NIC unicast macs table manipulation by bridge

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Apr 21 04:19:00 PDT 2009

Using a Linux bridge I see that none of the interfaces is set to promiscuous
mode but on the other hand I don't see any dev_unicast_xxx calls in the
bridge code... for the case of one of the interfaces being a physical NIC
(e.g eth1), what's the magic that makes the NIC RX filtering be willing
to accept frames whos dest mac isn't the NIC "primary" unicast mac?

Also is there a method to display dev->uc_list (e.g similar to /proc/net/dev_mcast)?

Or.