[Bridge] Bridge - vlan - bond

Nicolas de Pesloüan nicolas.2p.debian at free.fr
Sat Dec 5 10:24:01 PST 2009

Sander Klein wrote :
> Hi list,
>
> I have a problem with using bonding, with vlans and bridging. I'm trying
> to create the following situation:

Can you please also describe what you try to achieve, and not only your setup ?

What are the expected effects ?

Your bonding setup (active-backup) will lead to one port enabled and one disabled.

Why don't you simply use eth0.101 and eth1.101 as two ports of br101, and enable stp ?

Enabling stp would achieve the same result : one port in forwarding state and one in the blocked state.

	Nicolas.