[Bridge] Bridging partially (rx eth0 -> tx eth1)

jhautbois at gmail.com jhautbois at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 01:32:38 PST 2009

Hi there,

I'm new on the mailing list, but this is not a good reason to be quiet :-).
I'm very interested in the bridging functionnality of the Linux kernel.
I am wondering f it is possible to bridge "partially".

I mean : I would like to have all the traffic from the RX of my eth1 card
directly sent out through the TX of my eth0 card.
But I would like to receive the frames from the RX of eth0 thanks to a
PF_PACKET socket.

Is this possible with the bridging system ?
I don't think so, but I haven't foud out the answer...

Thanks in advance !
Best Regards.
JM