[Bridge] Help Needed for ebtables.

rahul bhardwaj rahul_bhardwaj36in at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jul 22 07:39:16 PDT 2009

Hi All,
We are
planning to add a feature to not allow the hosts connected to the same gateway
to communicate with each other – Would ebtables be a good option to implement
(on the gateway) it. Could we do it by adding a rule in the ebtables for
dropping a frame based on it’s destination MAC address if it is there in the
list of forbidden MACs. We could add to this list the MAC address of each
station that joins the network. Let me know what you think
Please let me know if you want any other details about my setup. Please provide me help on this topic.
Thanks and regards,
Rahul Bhardwaj

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/