[Bridge] Bridging untagged and tagged VLANs

Nicolas de Pesloüan nicolas.2p.debian at free.fr
Wed Jul 22 14:14:11 PDT 2009

Michael Tremer wrote:
> Oops, just sent the email when your one scrabbled to my inbox.
>
> https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/bridge/2009-July/006626.html
>
> I applied that ebtables rule to the chain but no packages got to the
> vlan interface (eth0.30) anymore.
>
> Michael

For as far as I remember, this hack works really well when eth0 and
eth0.30 are not in the same bridge (br0/br1). Anyway, I cannot think of
a good reason for it not to work in a single bridge.

Try and dig around with ebtable, using the logging feature. Im' pretty
sure it works, but does not have a bridge available here to test.

I googled around to try and find the original web page where a learned
this hack, but without any success. You can try, searching for
ebtables+BROUTING+DROP+802_1Q+vlan-id and so on...

	Nicolas.