[Bridge] Bridge Module Installations

eko suwarsono ekoswr76 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 06:55:54 PDT 2009

dear all
I'm newbie on this. but i need the advise for this problem

I had embedded system from vendor using ubuntu 7.  with kernel 2.6.20.4 the
system is on CF card
i need to have the bridge module on that systems, the problem there is no
compiler,etc. very minimum system
so what i did is install ubuntu on another PC and using exactly the same
kernel, gcc version etc to get the kernel with bridge module and then
copying all /boot folders and /lib/modules onto my embedded system

the bridge module get error: insmod: error inserting bridge.ko : unknown
symbol on embedded System

is there any way to solve this problem, without rebuilding all OS on CF card