[Bridge] BRCTL is displaying only 32 bridge interfaces even /proc/net/dev is showing more then that

rahul bhardwaj rahul_bhardwaj36in at yahoo.co.in
Fri Mar 20 02:45:50 PDT 2009

Hi All,
I am using Linux 2.6.15 kernel. I want to create 4094 bridge interface but I am able to see only 32 bridge interfaces with the help of "brctl show". I am able see other interfaces into /proc/net/dev but brctl is not showing more then 32. It is also not allowing any operations (add/del) over those interfaces. Is it correct behaviour or I have do some changes in some settings.
Could anybody please help me in this?

With Regards

Rahul Bhardwaj

      Check out the all-new Messenger 9.0! Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/