[Bridge] Ubuntu: network bridging between wireless and wired connection fails

Jonathan Thibault jonathan at navigue.com
Tue May 5 12:53:39 PDT 2009

I believe that to allow bridging on a 'client', you need to enable WDS on the interface (and likely on the AP as well).  Check to see if WDS is supported by your driver.  Basically (but I could be wrong), it is an 'ethernet over wifi' encapsulation since the wifi does not allow for mac spoofing on a client endpoint which would be required for normal bridging.