[Bridge] /dev/tap on uClinux and bridging

Srinivas M.A. srinivas.aji at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:11:48 PDT 2009

Network interfaces don't show up in /dev in Linux anyway. When tap0,
tap1, etc are created, they will show up in "ifconfig -a" and you can
add them to bridges at that point. /dev/net/tun should be the only
thing you need in /dev.

I think /dev/tapX is an older interface.

If your user program is trying to use the /dev/tapX devices, you could
modify it to use /dev/net/tun and connect to the right device using
the ioctl as described in Documentation/tuntap.txt in the Linux
source.