[Bridge] [RFC 0/5] bridge - introduce via_phys_dev feature

Daniel Robbins drobbins at funtoo.org
Mon May 11 22:30:33 PDT 2009

Note: I am not a bridge guru but I'm interested in understanding this
new functionality better. What is the larger benefit of this feature?
Does this make it possible to configure a bridge setup on a remote
system without losing connectivity? I can't do many kinds of network
changes remotely without risking losing connectivity (ie. changing IP
address, messing with routing, etc. -- it would be likely that you'd
lose network connectivity :) ) Therefore, I don't know if this is a
benefit unless it is needed for a particular application. Is this
useful for OpenVZ in some way?

Regards,

Daniel