[Bridge] Help Needed On Ethernet Bridge

VIJAY KUMAR thinkstor at gmail.com
Wed May 27 10:49:04 PDT 2009

Hi All,
           My requirement is as below,

* I have to create a bridge on linux machine (kernel 2.6.23) and it has 2
interfaces(eth0 & eth1)
* I should have the control of Port State Changes
(LISTENING,LEARNING,BLOCKING,FORWARDING,DISABLED) and
   Only BLOCKING & FORWARDING States I Wud Be Using. I have to ensure that
the port state never goes to any other states other than BLOCKING &
FORWARDING.
* Other thing is I have to send the control packets using the llc API's &
NF_HOOK On both the interfaces and I recieve on LLC_SAP_BSPAN (Service
Access Point Of STP)

The Messages I Send Wud be Control Packets Which Have To Pass Through Even
If Port State Is BLOCKING...

I Have to form a ring like this

          NODE 1                NODE 2                NODE 3
 -->eth1        eth0<----->eth1     eth0 <----->eth1      eth0<--

What I have done So far is
 * I have commented the STP port state change code So that Port wont
traverse to any other state.
 * I have IOCTL's to Send My Message And I Use LLC API's& NF_HOOK Which STP
Uses to achieve sending.
 * Recv Part I Do It On STP's stp_bpdu_rcv().

Everything Works Fine But Sometimes It Crashes...
I'm not getting where exactly its breaking Can u please help me with this
regard.