[Bridge] ebtables PREROUTING -drop

ratheesh k ratheesh.ksz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 04:39:48 PDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh at medozas.de> wrote:
> deep down below in source code, DROP just does that - drop.

1.  In ebtables Broute, if packet  gets  dropped , how it goes to ip
layer for further processing ?
2.  ip_route_input will be called on all frames hitting prerouting nat
table of ebtables . How it can decide where to route once it is past
prerouing hook (packet which are dropped on nat prerotuing of ebtables
) ?  /* i could be totally wrong here */

-Ratheesh