[Bridge] Number of addresses limitation

François Schmidts francois at tiolive.com
Wed Aug 25 07:51:05 PDT 2010

  Hi,

I'm using bridge-utils to add a bunch of tap interfaces to my computer
so I can run different qemu vm at the same time without using nat to
give them network access. It works fine.

But at the same time I would like to add a lot of IPv6s addresses to the
bridge interface (br0). I find myself limitated to more or less 56
addresses. If I add one more, one of the addresses already existing just
disappear from the br0 interface.

Is there something I could do to remove or extent this limitation ?

Best regards,
François Schmidts.