[Bridge] Ulog : recvfrom no space available => how do I calculate a good value ?

Jean-Michel Hautbois jhautbois at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 06:27:21 PST 2010

Hi there !

I keep trying to use the ulog/netlink system to receive only the
packets I'm interested by and bridging everything else...
I have a problem using this, because of a too small buffer ?

I am using the recvfrom as the example given on the website, and I am
getting a "no space buffer available" when I have packets  about
2Mbits/sec...
This is very short, as I would like to have >= 100Mbits/sec.

I saw in the manpage an option : --ulog-cprange but I don't understand
how it works...

How can I calculate the range and/or threshold in order to have the
highest rate possible ?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
JM