[Bridge] What are actually ethernet devices (and what does a bridge do?).

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 07:15:54 PDT 2010

The host processor which does the bridging, can also act as a node
sending and receiving traffic to the bridged network.  What you see as
the "IP address of the bridge" is actually the configuration of the
interface representing this connection to the host processor.

Packets generated on the bridge host use this IP address as the source
address, packets sent to this IP address are processed locally on the
bridge host and not forwarded.