[Bridge] Hardware requirements for bridging wired+wireless together

Umar Qureshey umar.qureshey at lantronix.com
Wed May 19 10:15:35 PDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Hemminger [mailto:shemminger at linux-foundation.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:51 PM
To: Umar Qureshey
Cc: Nicolas de Pesloüan; bridge at lists.linux-foundation.org
Subject: Re: [Bridge] Hardware requirements for bridging wired+wireless together

On Tue, 18 May 2010 16:38:54 -0700
"Umar Qureshey" <umar.qureshey at lantronix.com> wrote:

> [...]

What about bridging in Ad-Hoc mode?  Would that technically work?

I guess what I am trying to figure out is why bridging would work in WDS mode?  What is it about that mode that allows bridging to work?

If one were to try to modify the kernel code to allow MAC-level NAT, which area of the kernel code would one look at?

This e-mail is the property of Lantronix. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.