[Bridge] Hardware requirements for bridging wired+wireless together

Umar Qureshey umar.qureshey at lantronix.com
Wed May 19 14:08:45 PDT 2010

wired+wireless together

> >I did write an ebtables module to work around this 802.11 3 address
> >problem - it performed L2 NAT on DHCP, ARP and IP packets, so
allowing
> >an 802.11 client be added to a bridge. It was released under GPL
about 5
> >years ago (from my previous company Instant802/Devicescape), but I
can't
> >find the source anymore!!!
> >
> >Simon

That would be very useful.  Probably even more useful now than 5 years
ago!  Apparently, Windows does MAC-level NAT allowing for the bridging
of Ethernet and WiFi interfaces irrespective of the underlying Wifi
chipset.

This e-mail is the property of Lantronix. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.