[Bridge] F13 bridge issues

Mark Liggett mliggett at btisystems.com
Wed Oct 13 08:27:18 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm using Ethernet bridging on an up-to-date F13 system.  I've created a bridge adapter br0 and added eth2 and eth3 to it.  Everything works as expected for a short time before the 2 Ethernet cards used in the bridge start reporting millions of errors.  I confirmed this is the case on 2 separate systems (although both systems use Intel NICs).  To try to resolve this I've:

- Compiled and installed the latest Intel igb driver 2.3.4
- Installed the latest Fedora kernel 2.6.34.7-56
- Uninstalled the standard bridge-utils 1.2-9, before compiling and installing version 1.4

I've pastebin'd the system config here:  http://pastebin.ca/1960777

You can see the errors listed on eth2 and eth3.  I've tried both setting the bridge up using /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts as well as manually (using brctl and ifconfig).

My bridge/Ethernet interface configs are listed here: http://pastebin.ca/1960790

Thanks,

Mark