[Bridge] F13 bridge issues

Mark Liggett mliggett at btisystems.com
Thu Oct 14 09:00:39 PDT 2010

Hi Stephen,

As you suspected, I believe the igb driver is at fault - I configured a bridge on the same machine using onboard tg3 cards.

The bridge worked fine and the fault did not occur until I SCP'd a file to the server on the igb card.  After which the bridge continued to work fine.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

On 13/10/2010 16:46, "Stephen Hemminger" <shemminger at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:27:18 -0400
Mark Liggett <mliggett at btisystems.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using Ethernet bridging on an up-to-date F13 system.  I've created a bridge adapter br0 and added eth2 and eth3 to it.  Everything works as expected for a short time before the 2 Ethernet cards used in the bridge start reporting millions of errors.  I confirmed this is the case on 2 separate systems (although both systems use Intel NICs).  To try to resolve this I've:
>
> - Compiled and installed the latest Intel igb driver 2.3.4
> - Installed the latest Fedora kernel 2.6.34.7-56
> - Uninstalled the standard bridge-utils 1.2-9, before compiling and installing version 1.4
>
> I've pastebin'd the system config here:  http://pastebin.ca/1960777
>
> You can see the errors listed on eth2 and eth3.  I've tried both setting the bridge up using /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts as well as manually (using brctl and ifconfig).
>
> My bridge/Ethernet interface configs are listed here: http://pastebin.ca/1960790

> Thanks,
>
> Mark

You might also be creating a packet loop?
Turn on spanning tree and find out.