[Bridge] running bridge on a dreamplug

Jeremy Mitts jermitts at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 06:16:00 PDT 2011

Just curious if anyone out there has tried to run a bridge on a
dreamplug. I have three that I'm sticking next to each other, and
thought it would be less mess to "chain" the eth's together, and only
use up cable and switch port (each plug has two gige ports). The
traffic to the dreamplugs is going to be tiny, but I was concerned
about processor utilization for dealing with the broadcasts from the
rest of the network. (the network is 1gbps switched)

It's my understanding that these dreamplugs ship with Debian Wheezy or
Debian Lenny installed. I'll have a few in my hands in the next two
hours and then I'll know for sure.

Any thoughts from the experts?

Jeremy