[Bridge] R: Re: R: IGMP snooping not filtering multicast messages

maxd at inwind.it maxd at inwind.it
Fri Jun 3 03:50:51 PDT 2011

Hi Herbert,
I gave a look at the RFC4541. Based on what is on page 3, it seems that it
should be ok to have the bridges generating queries with IP 0.0.0.0.. Actually,
the fact that queries are marked with this IP should allow the receipient to
understand that the query has not been generated by a router. So, if my
understanding is correct, the fix could be just to avoid that a bridge assumes
that a router is present on a link through which a query with address 0.0.0.0
is received. What do you think?

Thanks,
Massimiliano